Writing Content for the Customer
It’s easy to fall into the trap of writing your content so it suits your business and not your future customer. But we know that customers don’t respond to that type of language. Plus, digital writers need to know how to write for the ever-changing landscape of our digital world. Training in current best practices for digital content will give you concrete skills you can apply on a daily basis. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to think about your customer differently, write according to voice and mobile SEO best practices and deliver empathetic content that delivers results. We’ll cover the basics of SEO, readability, how to write so your readers respond and how to create actionable and shareable compelling content.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Think about your audience and their journey so that your content reflects their needs
- Create content that takes SEO for mobile and voice into consideration
- Write using plain language to capture how people read on screens
- Use new writing skills to create compelling, actionable content
- Build keyword and keyphrases lists for SEO
- Interview stakeholders and work with them to create actionable content
- Collaborate with editors and content strategists
You will receive an online interactive workbook to use during the workshop, which will allow you to walk through exercises, and personalize the information you learn to your company or brand.