How to Build a Marketing Plan that Maps to Your Sales Pipeline
Building a marketing plan that is understood, valued, and approved by both executive leadership and sales is tougher than it looks. This workshop will provide a step-by-step how-to on building the elements for an effective, strategic marketing plan that prevents strategy tourism among your team, gives you the flexibility to shift and prioritize quickly throughout the year, aligns marketing and sales departments to a central mission, and paves the way for a predictable pipeline of sales for your leadership team. You’ll walk away from this session with a fully-outlined marketing plan (literally in your hands) that will impress executive leadership and get your sales team pumped about marketing.
After this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Define budget and resource allocation between demand generation and account-based marketing efforts
- Establish the stage-level objectives specific to your product buyer-cycle
- Develop audience personas specific to your business and target market
- Create messaging for each persona at each stage in the buyer-cycle
- Map messaging, channel, and campaigns against the persona/buy-cycle
- Plan pipeline-based goals and identify your budget/resource priorities based on real numbers
- Identify and flesh out the most important programs and generate briefs for team-execution
- Walk away with a marketing plan that meets marketing and sales needs
Plus, you’ll receive an online interactive workbook to use during the workshop that outlines a framework for your marketing plan. You’ll fill it out during the workshop. By the time you leave, you’ll have a sketched version of your marketing plan that you can polish and share with leadership when you get back to the office.