Pre-event Monday, December 03
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Google Analytics: Measure What Matters and Master Visitor Behavior in Your Marketing
- Thom Craver, CBS Interactive
- The most effective goal-focused social strategies for your business
- Better understanding of how your web traffic and customer behaviors correlate to your organization’s business objectives
- More effectively leveraging and packaging Content, Search, and PPC in your social strategies
- Understanding your audience/customer/influencer personas better and translating those into better paid ad campaigns
- Staying up to date with the ever-changing trends, algorithms, and tools impacting your social engagement
- Streamlining your social media management processes, scaling effortlessly, and boosting results
- Creating tighter, higher converting goals and funnels
- More in-depth understanding of your site visitor data and behaviors
- Understanding and utilizing the attribution modeling methods that will impact your marketing the most
- Advanced segmentation tips for turning standard metrics into game-changing KPIs
Advanced Social Media Marketing
- Lauren Teague, Convince & Convert
At the end of this masterclass, you’ll be able to:
- Audit your current state of social
- Identify landscape and competitive benchmarks
- Use content that moves, sings and smiles to capture audience attention
- Refresh social media reports for your organization
- Choose KPIs that demonstrate campaign health
- Understand how paid media augments a health organic strategy
- Develop custom audiences for specific targeting and testing
- Create a social media playbook for your brand
- Dial in the best tools and processes for you and your team
CRO for Content Marketers
- Brian Massey, Conversion Sciences
- The magical equation you’ve been optimizing for, but didn’t know it.
- The metrics content marketers should pay attention to.
- Calculate the value of a reader, prospect and customer.
- Build high-converting content pages.
- How to get bigger content budgets from higher conversion rates.
- The rules of behavioral science — that you already know.
- The tools you should always have at your fingertips.
- How to use heatmaps to improve page layouts.
- Using analytics to grade your content and traffic.
- Why Bounce Rate is a poor indicator of content effectiveness.
- The sources of data you can tap for amazing insights.
- Keeping designers and copywriters honest.
- How to outgrow competitors with more resources.
- Dealing with executive interference.
- How to evaluate for crazy ideas that “just might work.”
- Transcend your IT department.
- How to decide what to change, what to leave the same, and what to test.
- Writing great survey questions.
- How to run a focus group from your desk.
- Managing content for a website redesign.
- How to develop ads that deliver qualified readers.
Day 1 Tuesday, December 04
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Writing Content for the Customer
- Ahava Leibtag, Aha Media Group
- Think about your audience and their journey so that your content reflects their needs
- Create content that takes SEO for mobile and voice into consideration
- Write using plain language to capture how people read on screens
- Use new writing skills to create compelling, actionable content
- Build keyword and keyphrases lists for SEO
- Interview stakeholders and work with them to create actionable content
- Collaborate with editors and content strategists
SEO of Today: What Really Moves the Needle
- Mindy Weinstein, Market MindShift
- Identify technical issues on your website that are hurting rankings and/or performance
- Prepare for site migrations (including https) and re-designs
- Uncover hidden gems in Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Find and pursue additional SERP opportunities, such as rich snippets, image and video results
- Reverse engineer the top-ranking pages to better compete in SERPs
- Structure the website to create themes
- Develop a content strategy based upon topical density that drives traffic
- Increase online publicity and brand awareness through SEO techniques
- Create an SEO strategy that can be implemented in prioritized steps
- Win over key executives with the right data and reporting
45 Tactics to Take Your Email from Zero to Hero
- Michael Barber, barber&hewitt
- Understand why email still matters to you and the people you’re trying to reach
- Ensure your campaigns are making it to the Inbox
- Learn how Internet Service Providers (ISPs) might be treating your campaigns
- Know the similarities and differences for how B2B and B2C audiences consume email, convert from it, and how different design choices impact those conversions
- Perform regular email audits which are crucial to email success
- Make sure you’re tracking the metrics you should be and discover those you may not be or may not know about
- Have some insight into what the future of email might look like
How to Build a Marketing Plan that Maps to Your Sales Pipeline
- Stephanie Ristow, Charter School Capital
- Define budget and resource allocation between demand generation and account-based marketing efforts
- Establish the stage-level objectives specific to your product buyer-cycle
- Develop audience personas specific to your business and target market
- Create messaging for each persona at each stage in the buyer-cycle
- Map messaging, channel, and campaigns against the persona/buy-cycle
- Plan pipeline-based goals and identify your budget/resource priorities based on real numbers
- Identify and flesh out the most important programs and generate briefs for team-execution
- Walk away with a marketing plan that meets marketing and sales needs
1:15 pm - 2:10 pm
- Liza Dunning, Airbnb
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Thought Leadership Disrupted: New Rules for the Content Age
- More rapidly identify which content works best for the B2B client and why
- Reframe your content strategy to make your organization a thought partner, rather than a thought leader
- Be the go-to source of content for executives in your org
- Develop a new distribution, format and cadence framework to reach your target audience
The Digital Marketers Toolkit
- Thom Craver, CBS Interactive
- List the types of marketing technology you need for success versus the ones that are nice to have
- Understand how multiple facets of digital marketing work together
- Learn tactics to help you maximize your technology’s performance
- Sell you’re your executives on the benefits of using marketing technology
Data That Drives Email Marketing Relevance… and Revenue
- Jessica Best, Barkley
- Determine if/which of your data ready is to power your email marketing program.
- Choose data to use in email that impacts the bottom line, a.k.a. bolsters email ROI.
- Integrate multiple data sources, from easy plug-ins to robust data power tools.
Global SEO: Five International Marketing Fails
- Nicola Winters, Search Laboratory
- Identify which markets present the biggest opportunity
- Fully localize a site for users to increase ROI
- Understand how to implement technical onsite considerations
- Satisfy cultural differences (habits, behavior, buying patterns, trust signals)
- How to promote your websites (which channels to use in which market)”
Don’t Wait to Optimize Your Marketing for Integrated Voice-Activated Technology
- Johanna Weber, NPR
- Understand the key trends, behaviors and attitudes of consumers using voice-activated technology today
- Identify steps to optimize your marketing now for the growing voice landscape
- Make a roadmap for integrating voice into their marketing strategies long term
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm
The 7 and 3/4 Things You Don’t Ever Want to Do in Email… Never… No really… Not at all!
- Avoid the most common pitfalls including terrible design and acquisition errors
- Employ advanced segmentation models to move out of batch-and-blast mode
- Use transactional emails the right away
- Adapt your data to enhance targeting
- Make the most of automated features such as triggers
What’s Technically Wrong With Your Website?
- Mindy Weinstein, Market MindShift
- Diagnose common problems that can hurt your search rankings
- Prioritize technical fixes based on the level of impact on the website
- Communicate technical implementations to both the marketing and IT teams
- Identify areas of quick wins and go get them!
Tips, Tools, and Tactics For More Successful Content
- Paxton Gray, 97th Floor
- Use a free template to improve/speed up keyword research specifically for content creation
- Explore new tools in the industry to help with content creation
- Use data to produce content your audience will want
- Examine the human algorithm and its effect on content marketing strategy
Paid Search Trends That Impact Your Business in 2018 and Beyond
- Mika Carter, Just Conversion Marketing
- Leverage major changes impacting your PPC campaigns on both mobile and desktop.
- Level up your PPC strategy to expand your ROI beyond the initial clickthrough.
- Understand why Siri and Alexa matter to your paid search strategy, and what to do about it.
- List paid search trends to be aware of, with action items to try around AI, advanced cross-channel remarketing and AMP.
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm
It’s Time to Think Differently About Mobile
- Stephanie Cox, Lumavate
- Understand the major shifts happening in mobile tech, why they’re occurring, and how the biggest tech players (Apple, Google, etc.) are paving the way
- Explain how these shifts will change how brands interact with consumers on mobile
- Outline how your brand should rethink its mobile strategy to adapt to this change
- Develop a plan to bring true personalization to your mobile strategy
The Power of Video: Integrate Video Creative into Your Social Media Strategy
- Nik Scott, University of Denver
- Identify the opportunities in your brand and marketing strategy where video will have the greatest impact.
- Create a concrete, actionable plan for integrating video into your social media strategy for the whole team to get excited about.
- Understand the breadth of social media video platforms available to you and choose the right tools for you.
How to Use Structured Data for SEO
- Manuel Martinez
- Adopt the benefits of structured data and schema.org markup.
- Use best practices for technical implementation and validation.
- Understand the key features that drive increased clicks and conversion.
- Avoid common mistakes and penalties.
Your Content Marketing Sucks (And Other Ways to Give Tough Feedback)
- Joe Hirsch, Semaca Partners
- Deliver criticism to your team without harming morale.
- Apply the science and skills of improv to boost creativity.
- Put time-efficient strategies in place to hold regular performance conversations.
- Create a coaching culture that aligns with business strategy and industry trends.
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm
Leveraging Social Care to Win Brand Loyalists (Even During a Crisis)
- John Young, Southwest Airlines
- Apply a process for moving beyond social marketing to building brand advocates
- Implement strategies for optimizing listening from a tool and operational perspective
- Equip and train your team to be standouts in customer care, and treat employees as customers to build loyalty within
- Uncover and amplify customer stories, and create memorable experiences that capture the media’s attention
Everyday Behavioral Science For Better Conversion Optimization
- Brian Massey, Conversion Sciences
- Develop a better understanding of your audience, its needs, and its behaviors
- Launch campaigns with greater understanding and data-driven precision
- Use and understand the data from your results more efficiently for future tests
Rehearse for Real Time: Preparing for the Moments That Make Content Great
- Lauren Teague, Convince & Convert
- Scale a team of one to many for live content coverage
- Identify which channels align with the right content to tell your story
- Plan your content playbook for cohesive storytelling across any event
- Effectively practice and rehearse your playbook ahead of going live
A Non-SEOs Guide to the Power of Search Behavior
- Tylor Hermanson, Intouch Solutions
Capturing Audiences Through Authentic Storytelling
- Tap into your users/employees in an authentic way so that you can help narrate their story
- Take a data-centric approach that will tell the story internally before you go external
- Walk away with actionable steps on how to shape your next campaign
5:15 pm - 6:15 pm
Day 2 Wednesday, December 05
8:30 am - 9:00 am
Humanize Your Brand: Core Values As a Marketing Tool
- Eve Mayer, EveMayer.com
- Levi Sauerbrei, NerdButler.com
- Use your organization’s core values as a tool to attract customers that align with your brand so they remain clients longer, increasing revenues
- Project your organization’s unique culture and personality into your marketing to create a more authentic relationship with customers
- Improve the storytelling power of your marketing efforts by increasing the emotional investment of your audience
Digital Goes Over the Top: Ad Strategies for the Connected OTT Consumer
- Ben Van Horn, Spectrum Reach
- Understand how OTT has revolutionized the Video landscape
- Create effective marketing strategies in the evolving OTT landscape
- Develop a plan to reach the right audience in the growing OTT space
Reuse, Recycle: How to Repurpose Your Content
- Ashley Ward, SEMrush
- Run a content audit to determine what the best types of content to recycle are
- Follow the rules when reusing your content
- Analyze and measure the effectiveness of this recycled content
- Understand which tools will best help you find ROI on your reusable content
Paying for SEO: A Method For Increasing Lead Volume By Over 300%
- Garrett Mehrguth, Directive Consulting
- Understand the data that validates why you need to immediately execute this strategy
- Identify third-party sites that rank well for your top queries
- Implement 5+ tactics for maximizing the selected third-party sites so that they perform profitably
AR + AI: Co-Creating the Most Personalized Consumer Experience
- Ashley Crowder, VNTANA
- Develop a marketing campaign integrating AR to interact with consumers to create more personalized experiences
- Use AR in advertising to reach beyond consumer engagement and extend into data-capture and lead generation
- Learn what types of AR work best in various situations and help provide meaning data and reporting to increase lead generation and sales
9:15 am - 9:45 am
From Frustration to Success with Link Building
- Mike Huber, Vertical Measures
Lessons learned from over 12 years of link building:
- Backlinks are still one of the most important ranking factors
- Improving your backlink portfolio can have a dramatic and positive impact on your traffic
- Why content is so important to earning great links
Three Ways to Dramatically Improve Your Email Results
- Caroline Matis, Campaign Monitor
- Understand why email is still the center of the digital marketing universe
- Use tools like segmentation to amp up your results long-term
- Implement tactical ways to prove the effectiveness of your email marketing
The Feng Shui of Modern Email
- Jen Capstraw, Iterable
- Recognize design trends that prioritize engagement and accommodate mobile and desktop email clients
- Better align messaging and calls to action with campaign objectives
- Boost ROI with personalization that moves the needle
- Identify opportunities to streamline messaging and production processes
- Leverage the CTA secret that gets the click—even among disengaged subscribers
Why Storytelling Remains the Future of Successful Marketing
- Andrea Leitch, National Geographic
- Create an actionable content plan based on revenue goals and resources
- Build a success social media and newsletter strategy based on data-driven results
- Develop a membership program to meet your audience and customers’ needs
10:00 am - 10:30 am
Five Secrets to Creative Content From Your Favorite Songwriters
- Ahava Leibtag, Aha Media Group
- Sharpen your ability to craft strong images
- Tighten your collaboration techniques
- Use techniques for breaking through blocks
- Expand your understanding of “writing”
How to Navigate a Socially Cautious Enterprise Environment
- Carissa Rouse, McKesson Corporation
- Confidently address why the narrative is so important in the day of AI
- Implement tactical steps to ease even your most conservative stakeholders into a marketing culture change
- Take specific steps to get your organization on the road to the future of digital marketing
How AI Will Give You Marketing Super Powers, Not Eliminate Your Job
- Loren McDonald, IBM Watson Marketing
- Detect moments of customer “struggle.”
- Identify and reduce marketing churn.
- Uncover data and insights on campaigns via voice interaction.
- Deliver the best content to individual customers.
- Put experiences into context – weather and location.
The Next Era of Mobile Messaging
- Rob Lawson, Google
Lean, Mean, Marketing Machine: How to Leverage a Lean Team to Hit your Moonshot Goals
- Marissa Ranalli, DoSomething.org
- Develop and execute a strategic multi-channel marketing plan
- Build a successful, lean cross-functional team
- Uncover opportunities
- Address and overcome challenges
11:00 am - 11:30 am
Bloody Hell! And Other Marketing Truths My British Mum Taught Me
- Michael Barber, barber&hewitt
- Understand why we have to be more keenly focused than ever on customer experience and retention
- Appreciate that we are often underserving our customer’s expectation of their experience
- Learn a framework that will help ensure your products and services are more tuned to your customer’s needs and experience
- Enjoy many of the equally amazing, applicable, and ridiculous lessons my British Mother taught me and how they apply to thinking through customer experience
Why 80% of Marketers are Failing with Display, and How to Fix it Fast!
- Jeremy Hudgens, Genius Monkey
- Better understand your customers’ journeys, and how they should be applied to your strategy
- Recognize how display advertising fits into your overall marketing strategy
- Utilize Google Analytics and other tools to measure the metrics that matter
- Optimize your ad spend and improve your ROI
Digital Marketing Unlearned
- Ivonne Kinser, Avocados From Mexico
- Have a clear vision to build or re-build the structure of your digital marketing team, to be able to impact the overarching business goals or your organization.
- Break the obsession with engagement and focus on metrics that matter.
- Gain the insights and the inspiration to foster a true digital transformation mindset within your organization.
UX Meets MBA: A Designer Goes to Business School
- McLean Donnelly, The Makery Group
- Articulate the ROI of improved customer experiences.
- Build strategic plans that include customer and business outcomes.
- Teach creatives to use business metrics in their everyday work.
11:45 am - 12:15 pm
Send Great Email: How to Truly Communicate, Captivate and Connect with Every Subscriber
- Avoid Spam filters like a ninja
- Effectively use the Subject line and Preheader text to encourage a subscriber to open your email
- Understand why considering accessibility within your email design is critical to the success of your campaigns
- Make quick and easy email code changes that will allow you to communicate, captivate and connect with your subscribers
- Understand how Voice technologies (Google Home, Amazon Alexa, etc.) are going to change the way we interact with email
Automate, Improve and Optimize your Lead Generation
- Map out your current lead-gen process and decide what’s working.
- Focus on the audiences that matter most to your business.
- Set follow-ups designed to convert (without being annoying).
- Set measurable, achievable goals for your lead funnels.
How You Can Save Up To 50% on Your Digital Media Budgets
- Senthil Govindan, Datawrkz
- Understand the digital media value chain
- Use a framework for deciding whether to outsource media buying or keep it in house
- Determine if media buying will be done in a transparent fashion
- Evaluate media buying firms, especially with respect to pricing structure
- Understand when to use Search, Social, and Programmatic channels
Harnessing the Power of Amazon: Customer Acquisition, Lead Generation, and Proof of Concept Sales
- Robyn Johnson, Best From The Nest
- Use Amazon as a way to drive growth for brands and products.
- Understand key elements for Amazon SEO and conversion.
- Get initial conversions and protect your brand on Amazon.
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm
Building A Brand with Outrageous Marketing
- Scott Dikkers, The Onion
The Onion’s co-founder and longest-serving editor-in-chief tells the story of how a scrappy group of college dropouts with no marketing budget created a worldwide comedy brand. He introduces the colorful characters behind The Onion’s success, shares insights about “outrageous marketing” that can apply to any organization, and reveals the pro tip for effectively “crossing the line” by using edgy content to offend everyone yet no one.
2:05 pm - 2:35 pm
Tag, You’re It! Track Your ROI with Google Tag Manager
- Siobhan Lidon, FSC Interactive
- Track valuable consumer actions on your website.
- Link specific goals and conversions to your consumers’ stages in the buying funnel.
- Find and report on unique data in Google Analytics.
- Brian Kroll, Adtaxi
- Understand how video fits into the larger marketing ecosystem
- Leverage connected TV into your digital media mix
- See how Facebook, YouTube, and online video improves conversions
- Track the success of your video campaigns.
The Purchase Begins on Pinterest: From Inspiration to Action
- Lisa Fong, Pinterest
- Tap insights to craft campaigns with heart that reach audiences at every stage of purchase consideration
- Launch a Pinterest Business profile, including top tips in areas including creative, targeting, paid, and organic
- Harness insights to create campaigns at scale
The Forgotten Phase of the Marketing Funnel: Driving Consideration in The Digital Age
- Nick Stagge, ExpertVoice
- Better understand your target consumer & who they turn to for advice on what to buy.
- Think holistically around how to take control of the consideration phase of the buying journey.
- Scale the voice of people making trusted recommendations.
2:50 pm - 3:20 pm
The Age of Invisibility
- Mike King, iPullRank
- Understand trends in the features of organic search results
- Apply six tactics to be effective in SEO
- Optimize on-page content for search engine algorithms
- Survive this age of invisibility
Rebranding: Making a 145-Year-Old Institution Not Only Relevant but Irresistible
- Cynthia Round, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Excavate the essential, intangible truth of your brand.
- Understand how to “read between the lines” of your audience research.
- Better align your organization to deliver a 360-degree brand experience.
Building a Social Engagement Strategy That Works for your Business
- Brooke Hatfield, MailChimp
- Identify channels where your audience—and prospective customers—are
- Find conversations worth engaging with
- Develop messaging for every stage of the customer lifecycle
- Scalably develop creative assets (or, How GIFs Solve So Much)
- Track qualitative and quantitative data to measure impact
The Future Of B2B Marketing: Trends For The Contrarian Marketer
- Jann Martin Schwarz, LinkedIn
- Understand why you should always stick with your old creative
- Not be fooled by cheap media buys that are actually expensive
- Explain why “Brand Newsrooms” are a horrible approach to content
- Define why real-time marketing is one of the worst ideas in marketing
Use Humor to Increase Your Conversion Rate by 28%
- Halley Gray, Evolve and Succeed
- Identify how you can use humor to increase your conversion rate in your online marketing materials.
- Identify the equation of what makes something funny vs not funny.
- Discover your ideal client/customer’s funny bone and tickle it with your campaigns.
3:35 pm - 4:05 pm
Conflict, What is it Good For? Absolutely Everything
- Tyler Farnsworth, August United
- Leverage tensions to fuel creativity.
- Incorporate conflict into the structure of your next campaign.
- Share examples of healthy conflict from various industries.
- Understand pattern interrupts and use them to propel your brand.
Rich Snippets: What Are They, and How Can I Get One?
- Colleen Harris, CDK Global
- Understand which types of structured data should be used where on a site, and tips on scaling schema over a large website.
- Understand the positive impact rich snippets can have on paid search ads and organic results.
- Write content that makes your site the answer Google wants to highlight in an answer box.
Generation Entertain Me: How Gen Z is Changing Everything
- David Fossas, WP Engine
- Understand how the shift from inform to entertain driven by a digital dependence can impact your brand
- Rethink your digital experience as the human experience
- Create a predictive personalized experience
How to Strengthen UX with Tactical and Strategic Involvement
- Understand how organizations have prospered because they’ve adapted to Tactical-Strategic UX mindset
- Advocate for and strengthen the concept of user experience within your company
- Obtain strategic buy in for user experience from management
- Bring UX practitioners and management together to further empower the concepts and advancement of user and customer experience
4:20 pm - 4:50 pm
Building Teamwork to Achieve Innovative Results
- Mitch Lowe, Netflix
Innovation requires unwavering commitment and support throughout the entire organization, which is often difficult to achieve for two reasons: one, the financial commitment and, two, getting everyone onboard for disruptive work. In this presentation, Mitch details the processes to get the whole team on board to work together towards innovative results. After this session, you’ll be able to get your team to collaborate quickly and synergized to drive innovation; create a culture that supports productive innovation; and learn how Mitch led innovation at Netflix, Redbox and MoviePass and apply similar approaches.